[ RadSafe ] Graphite moderated reactors

Khalid Aleissa kaleissa at kacst.edu.sa
Thu Nov 10 16:42:44 CST 2005

I do not want to say more about nuclear engineering ... it is just few words
... these issues are very much important in evaluation the type of a
reactor:
- Neutron economy
- Nuclear safety (inherent safe)
- Safeguard
- Electricity power needed to run the plant
- Radwaste
- Political influence

If want to build a reactor,  I would chose CANDU for many reasons such as:
- Natural uranium enrichment (Safeguard)
- On-line fueling
- Nuclear Safety (except for Tritium generation)

HTGR came into the arena after the sale was offer ...

Khalid