??: Re: [ RadSafe ] Disposal via Decay in Storage

BLHamrick at aol.com BLHamrick at aol.com
Sat Nov 12 01:05:15 CST 2005

In a message dated 11/11/2005 10:27:07 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
lrccrm at yahoo.com.hk writes:

This  question is always in my mind that if time is the only one parameter we
 considered, then how about a large quantitiy of Tc99m? 1mCi and 100mCi Tc99m
 decay to different activity after 1 weeks.

The license conditions generally also require a demonstration that the  waste
does not exceed background (or, two to three times background) with
appropriate instrumentation.

Barbara L. Hamrick, CHP