[ RadSafe ] license for neutron source?

JGinniver at aol.com JGinniver at aol.com
Fri Nov 18 13:58:51 CST 2005

Given the difficulties in obtaining neutron sources these days and then the
subsequent difficulties of disposal, have the considered using a sealed tube
neutron generator, such as the one described at
_http://www.thermo.com/com/cda/resources/resources_detail/1,2166,11801,00.html?fromPage=search&keyword=neutro
n+generator_
(http://www.thermo.com/com/cda/resources/resources_detail/1,2166,11801,00.html?fromPage=search&keyword=neutron+generator)

I understand that the following companies can supply different  models/types:
    MANUFACTURERS OF COMPACT  ACCELERATOR NEUTRON TUBES  UNITED STATES
Primary focus  _Baker Hughes,  Inc._ (http://www.bakerhughes.com/)  (Houston, TX)
Oilfield services  _Halliburton  Co._ (http://www.halliburton.com/)  (Houston,
TX) Oilfield services  _Schlumberger  Ltd._ (http://www.schlumberger.com/)
(Princeton, NJ) Oilfield services  _Thermo Electron  Corp._
(http://www.thermo.com/)  (Colorado Springs, CO) All commercial applications

I would have thought that licensing requirements would be easier than for a
sealed source, athough I'm sure others on the list can answer this better than
 me.

Regards,
    Julian