[ RadSafe ] license for neutron source?

Doug Aitken daitken at sugar-land.oilfield.slb.com
Mon Nov 21 10:40:47 CST 2005

At 01:58 PM 11/18/2005, JGinniver at aol.com wrote:
>I understand that the following companies can supply different  models/types:
>     MANUFACTURERS OF COMPACT  ACCELERATOR NEUTRON TUBES  UNITED STATES
>Primary focus  _Baker Hughes,  Inc._
>(http://www.bakerhughes.com/)  (Houston, TX)
>Oilfield services  _Halliburton  Co._
>(http://www.halliburton.com/)  (Houston,
>TX) Oilfield services  _Schlumberger  Ltd._ (http://www.schlumberger.com/)
>(Princeton, NJ) Oilfield services  _Thermo Electron  Corp._
>(http://www.thermo.com/)  (Colorado Springs, CO) All commercial applications

AFAIK, The three oilfield services companies mentioned (Baker Hughes,
Halliburton and Schlumberger) produce pulsed neutron generators only for
internal use (for downhole physical measurements).

Thermo Electron corp produce a range of generators using both D-D and D-T
reaction and are the obvious choice to investigate for an application such
as Tom mentioned.

Regards
Doug

Doug Aitken