[ RadSafe ] license for neutron source?

AnaLog Services, Inc. AnaLog at logwell.com
Tue Nov 22 20:09:57 CST 2005

I believe that is correct with regard to the majors being unwilling to sell
neutron generators to independents (or much of anything else; witness the
sad story of Halliburton and the acquisition of GO/GOI/MLS, and more
recently Weatherford and their absorption of Computalog/SIE).

In addition to Thermo, there is also Ray Ethridge down in Chapel Hill,
Texas.  And don't forget the cheaper Russian tubes used by Hotwell and
others in pulsed neutron logging of one kind or another.

These devices are comparatively expensive, but "chemical" neutron sources
are all but impossible to get at the moment.  So there may be some serious
discussion about the use of neutron generator tubes for conventional neutron
porosity well logging in the near future.  MPD (formerly part of GE) was
exploring this market fairly recently.

Syd H. Levine
AnaLog Services, Inc.
Phone:  270-276-5671