[ RadSafe ] New Radiation Protection Unit? The Taylor (Ty)

John Jacobus crispy_bird at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 21 19:36:31 CST 2005

Sandy,
As one who answers patients questions, I always feel
that I should apologize for the confusion between DE
and ED. I am not sure if naming a new unit would be
more confusioning tahn the current situation.

--- radsafe-bounces at radlab.nl <sandyfl at earthlink.net>
wrote:
> On 18 Nov 2005 at 10:00, Nielsen, Erik wrote:
>
> > I fail to see the utility of another radiation
unit.

> > Although I think that Lauriston Taylor belongs in
the pantheon of
> > important health physicists, I'm not sure what his
opinion of this
> > proposal would be.
>
> Consider the impact this would have with respect to
international
> standards, attempts for harmonization of those
standards into US
> standards, etc. Renaming a unit that the NCRP
considers already
> confusing would facilitate additional confusion.
>
> Personally, NCRP should develop an award in
Lauriston Taylor's name,
> or perhaps rename their building in his name.
Anything beyond that is
> ludicrous, in my opinion.
>
> -------------------------------------
> Sandy Perle
> Senior Vice President, Technical Operations
> Global Dosimetry Solutions, Inc.
> 2652 McGaw Avenue
> Irvine, CA 92614
>
> Tel: (949) 296-2306 / (888) 437-1714  Extension 2306
> Fax:(949) 296-1144
>
> E-Mail: sperle at dosimetry.com
> E-Mail: sandyfl at earthlink.net
>
> Global Dosimetry Website: http://www.dosimetry.com/
> Personal Website: http://sandy-travels.com/

and other settings visit: http://radlab.nl/radsafe/

"Efforts and courage are not enough without purpose and direction."
"John F. Kennedy, U.S. President and former Naval Officer

-- John
John Jacobus, MS
Certified Health Physicist
e-mail:  crispy_bird at yahoo.com