[ RadSafe ] New Radiation Protection Unit? The Taylor (Ty)

Sandy Perle sandyfl at earthlink.net
Tue Nov 22 09:19:37 CST 2005

On 21 Nov 2005 at 17:36, John Jacobus wrote:

> As one who answers patients questions, I always feel
> that I should apologize for the confusion between DE
> and ED. I am not sure if naming a new unit would be
> more confusioning tahn the current situation.

John,

I expect that most, if not all patients, would be confused. Heck,
even most physicists remain confused on how to use the terms as
intended!  MY biggest issue is that any new term would be contrary to
the current definitions used throughout the world, and, are included
in various international standards. The USA should not embark on a
new term that is sued solely in the USA, and would further increase a
a chasm in the standards area where there needs to be more
harmonization, and not a continual splitting.

-------------------------------------
Sandy Perle
Senior Vice President, Technical Operations
Global Dosimetry Solutions, Inc.
2652 McGaw Avenue
Irvine, CA 92614

Tel: (949) 296-2306 / (888) 437-1714  Extension 2306
Fax:(949) 296-1144

E-Mail: sperle at dosimetry.com
E-Mail: sandyfl at earthlink.net

Global Dosimetry Website: http://www.dosimetry.com/