[ RadSafe ] New Radiation Protection Unit? The Taylor (Ty)

Peter Thomas Peter.Thomas at arpansa.gov.au
Tue Nov 22 16:05:15 CST 2005

Sandy,

I understood that the ICRP was wanting to rename equivalent dose as
radiation-weighted dose and give it a new unit to distinguish it from
absorbed dose and effective dose.  (See para 48 of the 2005 draft
recommendations as released at IRPA11, but now gone back into further
deliberation) I guess that still leaves the operational dose equivalents
with the same unit as effective dose.  In that context I'd view the
NCRP's action as an attempt to nominate "their man" for the new unit.

Peter Thomas
Medical Physics Section
ARPANSA