[ RadSafe ] RE: gamma calibration source

ROY HERREN royherren2005 at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 5 17:13:28 CDT 2005

Roger,

   After a cursory check it seems that TechOps is currently owned by AEA Technoloy plc.,  http://www.aeat.com  A good US contact may be found at:

AEA Technology Engineering Services, Inc
1100 Jardwin Avenue Suite 350 #202
Richland
WA 99352
USA
Telephone:+1 509 946 5854Facsimile:+1 509 946 5956Email:kklute at aeatech.comContact:
Katie Klute

I would recommend that you contact this company about the possiblitity of a trade in for your old irradiator.

Roy Herren
alstonchris at netscape.net wrote:
Roger

It might be cheaper to send it to someone like J.L.Shepherd and Associates, and ask them to replace the source. On the other hand, if you wanted to step up to a portable calibrator with some real output (the Model 773's are limited to a nominal initial loading of 165 mCi, I think), say, 300-3000 mCi, maybe JL or Isotope Products Labs would give you trade-in value towards a new one. Please let us know what you decide, and why.

Cheers
cja

P.S. Ask for Mary, at Shepherd.

Roger Thuma wrote:
>Our TechOps gamma calibrator (for survey meters) is getting quite old
>and we are looking to buy a replacement.  If anyone has recently
>purchased one and is willing to share info, we need vendors and
>approximate costs so we can work up a proposal.

Switch to Netscape Internet Service.

Netscape. Just the Net You Need.

Roy Herren