[ RadSafe ] Nuclear Energy Advocates See Bright Future

Stabin, Michael michael.g.stabin at Vanderbilt.Edu
Mon Oct 10 14:44:11 CDT 2005

>Soaring oil prices and new data on global warming -- brought into sharp
focus by devastating hurricanes in the United States -- have heated up
the nuclear debate and outraged the environmental lobby, which says
nuclear power is not the answer.

Environmentalists are outraged, as more nuclear sources of energy are
clearly on the near horizon. SUV owners are dumping their huge vehicles
for smaller, more fuel efficient vehicles. Why is this man (a life-long
Toyota owner) smiling? :)

Seriously, though, this is a very classic silver lining. I know this
list is not about oil issues, but it is high time that the world got off
its butt and got more fuel efficient cars and got off its oil addiction.
At the same time, a revolution in nuclear power will make the world a
cleaner, safer place. Yes, safer. We are at a major crossroads in
worldwide energy policy, and a far better, cleaner, safer future is
tantalizingly within reach.

Mike

Michael G. Stabin, PhD, CHP
Assistant Professor of Radiology and Radiological Sciences
Department of Radiology and Radiological Sciences
Vanderbilt University
1161 21st Avenue South
Nashville, TN 37232-2675
Phone (615) 343-0068