[ RadSafe ] USA radiophobia

howard long hflong at pacbell.net
Thu Oct 13 11:56:01 CDT 2005

CARE, Citizens Against a Radioactive Environment, in its  monthly newsletter,
 notifies of workshop, "Got Plutonium - Livermore Lab", "Dinner and two Explosive Movies
at UC Berkeley", etc

Yes, I have several patients and friends who, since college 40 years ago, have a passion
for ridding the world of the evil of radiation and are blind to data that would reduce their Cause.

Much less will many liberals concede that Reagan's SDI and nuclear retaliation strength probably saved us from either Russian-like lives or from nuclear holocaust wiping out most Americans. These fears perpetuate the nano-Curie removal industry

Howard Long

John Jacobus <crispy_bird at yahoo.com> wrote:
Rainer,
Thanks for the posting.

What I was asking is do you know personally know of
anyone who has a fear of chronic low level ionizing
radiation. That is, a friend, family member, or
coworker.

I believe that we associate with people who are like
ourselves. If you read, have a college education, and
a good job, you will associate yourself with like
individuals. I really do not know of anyone who truly
fears radiation, but I read about them all the time.
I wonder where they all are? In Germany?

I assume that the article you quote from is not from a
publication that you normally read. Of course we have
similar publications in the United States. We are
just more taken with celebrities

http://www.nationalenquirer.com/mikewalker/63427

(http://www.spiegel.de/politik/ausland/0,1518,378997,00.html)