[ RadSafe ] Re: USA radiophobia

John Jacobus crispy_bird at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 13 12:52:00 CDT 2005

Howard,
So what have you done to educate these people?  If I
can be of help, let me know.

And what does Ronald Reagan have to do with the
subject we are discussing?  He is dead, you know.

--- howard long <hflong at pacbell.net> wrote:

> CARE, Citizens Against a Radioactive Environment, in
> its  monthly newsletter,
>  notifies of workshop, "Got Plutonium - Livermore
> Lab", "Dinner and two Explosive Movies
> at UC Berkeley", etc
>
> Yes, I have several patients and friends who, since
> college 40 years ago, have a passion
> for ridding the world of the evil of radiation and
> are blind to data that would reduce their Cause.
>
> Much less will many liberals concede that Reagan's
> SDI and nuclear retaliation strength probably saved
> us from either Russian-like lives or from nuclear
> holocaust wiping out most Americans. These fears
> perpetuate the nano-Curie removal industry
>
> Howard Long
>
> John Jacobus <crispy_bird at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Rainer,
> Thanks for the posting.
>
> What I was asking is do you know personally know of
> anyone who has a fear of chronic low level ionizing
> radiation. That is, a friend, family member, or
> coworker.
>
> I believe that we associate with people who are like
> ourselves. If you read, have a college education,
> and
> a good job, you will associate yourself with like
> individuals. I really do not know of anyone who
> truly
> fears radiation, but I read about them all the time.
>
> I wonder where they all are? In Germany?
>
> I assume that the article you quote from is not from
> publication that you normally read. Of course we
> have
> similar publications in the United States. We are
> just more taken with celebrities
>
> http://www.nationalenquirer.com/mikewalker/63427

On Oct. 5, 1947, in the first televised White House address, President Truman asked Americans to refrain from eating meat on Tuesdays and poultry on Thursdays to help stockpile grain for starving people in Europe.

-- John
John Jacobus, MS
Certified Health Physicist
e-mail:  crispy_bird at yahoo.com