[ RadSafe ] NYT Article on EPA Yucca Mountain Standards

John Jacobus crispy_bird at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 13 13:01:11 CDT 2005

Rick,
If your question is directed to me, I had to buy
gasoline to get to work to do things that will make
our world better for future generations.  That is what
every past generation has done for the future ones.
Look what American has given to the world in medicine
and science.

As a matter of fact, medical science is reducing the
cancer death rates.  See NIH News Release is available
online at:
http://www.nih.gov/news/pr/oct2005/nci-04.htm.

--- Rick Orthen <rorthen at cecinc.com> wrote:

> Inter-generational equity will never be resolved
> equitably.  Nor does the
> American culture embrace it (did you not buy
> gasoline today because you want
> the next generation to have it?).
>
> I still feel that the cancer-induction basis for the
> current limits will be
> nullified by advances in medicine over the
> generational time frame proposed
> by the rulemaking.  Then what?
>
> Rick Orthen
> Pittsburgh, PA

On Oct. 5, 1947, in the first televised White House address, President Truman asked Americans to refrain from eating meat on Tuesdays and poultry on Thursdays to help stockpile grain for starving people in Europe.

-- John
John Jacobus, MS
Certified Health Physicist
e-mail:  crispy_bird at yahoo.com