AW: AW: AW: [ RadSafe ] German radiophobia

Rainer.Facius at dlr.de Rainer.Facius at dlr.de
Thu Oct 13 22:51:15 CDT 2005

Franz:

I have no problems with your classification of DER SPIEGEL's style as "schnoddrig" (brash), which I dislike as much as you apparently do. Therefore I regret to have left the impression of hailing it.

Yet, rarely have I seen its factual claims refuted by competitors (or by political or economic reality for that matter). Regarding the Gomel article, they quoted as warrantor the president of the Society of Radiation Protection, Dr. S. Pflugbeil!

So, I would invite you to quote influential German or Austrian or European news media (be it papers or TV programs) which oppose the LNT-fuelled radiophobia. In Germany I might have also quoted from the leftist FRANKFURTER RUNDSCHAU as well as from the conservative DIE WELT, which like the rest (even STIFTUNG WARENTEST) and unanimously with TV programs perpetuate this lunacy (verstrahlte Molke, verstrahlte Pilze, verstrahlte Patienten, verstrahlte Piloten, verstrahlte Polizisten, verstrahlte Soldaten, verstrahlte Transportbehälter (CASTOR), verstrahlte Häuser (Radon), verstrahltes Niemandsland, verstrahlte ...).

Among others, air crew union representatives cherish to present us such quotations when we try to educate them.

Respectfully, Rainer