[ RadSafe ] Re: Educating USA antinucs

John Jacobus crispy_bird at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 14 11:41:04 CDT 2005

Howard,
So what did you accomplish by going to the CARE
meeting?  Did you speak?  Obviously, some were amused
by your antics.

As for me, I answer questions from people who are
concerned about radiation exposures and effects from
medical studies.

--- howard long <hflong at pacbell.net> wrote:

> "So what have you done to educate these people?",
> you asked, John.
>
> I took my palmRAD (Berkeley Nucleonics) to a meeting
> of CARE at LLNL
> Visitor Center, sat in the front row near the 7
> person panel of anti-nucs and
> conspicuously listened to its clicking while they
> gave speeches
> accusing LLNL of making the environment radioactive.
> Those chief activists conspicously pretended not to
> notice that refutation
> of their statements, but some of the 100 present
> did.
> A few of the quiet LLNL personnel present did
> snicker.
>
> I wear my NukAlert continously and show it at every
> opportunity, writing the
> www.nukAlert.com address on my card for fire chiefs
> and other first responders,
> with the reminder that many are available without
> charge for them.
>
> What are YOU doing to educate the Anti-Nucs, John?
>
> Howard Long
>
>. . .

On Oct. 5, 1947, in the first televised White House address, President Truman asked Americans to refrain from eating meat on Tuesdays and poultry on Thursdays to help stockpile grain for starving people in Europe.

-- John
John Jacobus, MS
Certified Health Physicist
e-mail:  crispy_bird at yahoo.com