[ RadSafe ] Educating USA antinucs

jastharris at aol.com jastharris at aol.com
Fri Oct 14 12:05:51 CDT 2005

Part of the problem is how to go about talking to the public.  For example, I have been told by many media experts that we should not be "educating" the public, rather we should be "informing" them. "Educating" in this context is perceived as demeaning, as if non-radiation protection people are stupid or ignorant.  Communicating effectively and respectfully is key. Just my two cents worth.

Jason

Jason T. Harris
Health Physics Doctoral Fellow
Purdue University