[ RadSafe ] PET Layout - underground or not

John Jacobus crispy_bird at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 17 07:06:14 CDT 2005

Mauro,
Is the issue based on sheilding considerations?  By
PET, do you mean the scannering facility, the
production facility or boths.  As to the arguement
that PET operations have to be done this way, there
are multiple examples of underground placement NOT
being done.

--- Mauro Campoleoni <trentino at iol.it> wrote:

> Hi to you all!
>
> I have an unusual question today.
> A friend, involved in some legal controversy, asked
> me to find
> some support to the fact that a PET "has" to be
> installed underground,
> for safety reasons.
> Do you agree with this? WHERE can I find an article
> or similar document
> arguing this necessary condition?
>
> Thanks a lot.
>
> Mauro Campoleoni
>
> . . .

On Oct. 5, 1947, in the first televised White House address, President Truman asked Americans to refrain from eating meat on Tuesdays and poultry on Thursdays to help stockpile grain for starving people in Europe.

-- John
John Jacobus, MS
Certified Health Physicist
e-mail:  crispy_bird at yahoo.com