[ RadSafe ] Beta emitters and external risks

John R Johnson idias at interchange.ubc.ca
Tue Oct 18 09:30:30 CDT 2005

Elsa et al

You are correct for radionuclides on skin, but not if they are in skin.

See as examples
DOSIMETRIC MODELS OF H-3 FROM SKIN ABSORPTION FOLLOWING CONTACT WITH T2
CONTAMINATED SURFACES
J.R. Johnson and D.W. Dunford
AECL-8603, Health Physics 48 No. 1 (1985) 110-113.

DOSE TO THE BASAL LAYER OF THE SKIN FROM I-125 SKIN CONTAMINATION
J. R. Johnson and E. S. Lamothe
Radiation Protection Dosimetry, Vol 20, No. 4 (1987) 253-256.

John
 _________________
John R Johnson, Ph.D.
*****