[ RadSafe ] Re: Fw: Someone just responded to your comment

bobcherry at cox.net bobcherry at cox.net
Sun Sep 4 10:39:25 CDT 2005

Roger,

A typical activist trick is to say that the experts who have devoted their professional lives to a learning a discipline are not to be trusted to tell the truth about it while they, the activists, who generally are amateur hacks like Salsman, know all about it and are honest.

The irony here with respect to health physicists is that if the HPS agreed with the activists about the hazards of ionizing radiation (and if the activists were correct), the health physicists would be paid more and there would be a greater number of health physicists. I don't see this sort of counter-argument used very often, if ever.

Bob C