[ RadSafe ] Re: Fw: Someone just responded to your comment

John Jacobus crispy_bird at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 6 10:27:27 CDT 2005

Jerry,
As a health physicist since 1975, I can say that there
is a broad feeling about radiation risk.  We are
safety professionals who are concerned about workers
and the public.  The basis for our work is not based
on the LNT, but the legislation we comply with.

I you also say that "IMHO" usually indicates the
person is not humble but has an personal opinion that
is usually not based on facts.

--- jjcohen at prodigy.net wrote:

> > The irony here with respect to health physicists
> is that if the HPS agreed
> with the activists about the hazards of ionizing
> radiation (and if the
> activists were correct), the health physicists would
> be paid more and there
> would be a greater number of health physicists. I
> don't see this sort of
> counter-argument used very often, if ever.
> >
> > Bob C
>
> Bob,
>     A lot of HP's do agree and, IMHO, that is the
> main reason why the ICRP,
> NCRP, etc, do what they do. Does anyone really
> believe that science is what
> motivates their official position on LNT? Without
> LNT, there would be no
> need for an ICRP, NCRP, or the hoard of bureaucrats
> who protect the public
> from non-existent hazards.  Jerry C.

"Every now and then a man's mind is stretched by a new idea and never shrinks back to its original proportion." -- Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.

-- John
John Jacobus, MS
Certified Health Physicist
e-mail:  crispy_bird at yahoo.com