[ RadSafe ] Re: Fw: Someone just responded to your comment

Sandy Perle sandyfl at earthlink.net
Wed Sep 7 18:22:50 CDT 2005

On 7 Sep 2005 at 13:56, John Jacobus wrote:

> I have yet to hear that work is not being done because of funds.

As plants moved to longer time between outages, maintenance work was
obviously put off. When shortest outage records became the goal,
there was work not performed. I think we have already about recent
incidents that support the notion that some work is not getting done,
and when work is not performed, one effect is for lower man-rem. So,
what caused the reduction is interpretive .. was it better ALARA
practices, or simply letting the work wait until some future date?

-------------------------------------
Sandy Perle
Senior Vice President, Technical Operations
Global Dosimetry Solutions, Inc.
2652 McGaw Avenue
Irvine, CA 92614

Tel: (949) 296-2306 / (888) 437-1714  Extension 2306
Fax:(949) 296-1144

E-Mail: sperle at dosimetry.com
E-Mail: sandyfl at earthlink.net

Global Dosimetry Website: http://www.dosimetry.com/