FW: [ RadSafe ] Re: Fw: Someone just responded to your comment

John Jacobus crispy_bird at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 8 13:56:32 CDT 2005

Don,
Again, read what I say and not what you think I say.
Also, I do not have the time to play word games with
you.

You seem to be pleased doing with you are doing.  So
am I.

--- "Mercado, Don" <don.mercado at lmco.com> wrote:

> John Jacobus wrote:
>
> >Don,
> >I do not have a lot of time to argue with you on
> this
> >list server.
>
> You seem to spend a lot of time here for someone who
> doesn't have a lot
> of time.
>
> >My undergraduate training was in
> >engineering.  ALARA is good engineering practices.
> >That is what I focus on, not LNT.
>
> Ah. No economics training. I get it now. My sister
> has engineering
> degrees from U of M and she's the same way.
>
> >I could save lots
> >of doses by doing things differently, but I am not
> >rich like you.  I go for the cheap fixes.
>
> So you're not that concerned with giving employees
> the extra dose. You
> don't consider LNT real. That's good. We're on the
> same side. I'm not
> sure where you get the idea that the nuke plants or
> I are rich, or why
> you even throw that red herring in there, but your
> info is faulty. Its
> primarily that money is short supply that that I
> *always* consider it in
> the LNT/cost/benefit analysis. How many times did I
> mention costs in my
> examples? Your suggestions of adding costly systems
> and electronics
> (engineering solutions) leads me to think *YOU* are
> the rich one. "Money
> is no object" seems to be your theme song.
>
> >I still say the Primalert would be a money saving
> >idea.
>
> Are you on their payroll? Simply suggesting that I
> install one
> reinforces my thoughts that YOU are rich, and
> installing unnecessary
> equipment is your paradigm and the solution instead
> of doing real,
> hands-on, money saving work.
>
> >How much does it cost you in time to do the
> >same would a remote radiations sensor save?
>
> I can do the surveys in less than 60 seconds per
> unit per year. I'm sure
> the total cost of a Primalert system to do the same
> thing would never be
> recovered.
>
> >Why are
> >you doing the work?  You like hanging around the
> >equipment?
>
> Its what I get paid to do. Real work. What do you
> do? Comfy in that
> ivory tower?
>
> >I have not seen in any of your activities where you
> >consider the LNT.
>
> Blinders are wonderful things, aren't they? Another
> engineering
> solution.

"Every now and then a man's mind is stretched by a new idea and never shrinks back to its original proportion." -- Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.

-- John
John Jacobus, MS
Certified Health Physicist
e-mail:  crispy_bird at yahoo.com