[ RadSafe ] Re: FEAR of chronic low exposure - Chernobyl's lessons

John Jacobus crispy_bird at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 14 16:24:37 CDT 2005

Howard,
I was quite serious.  You had an opportunity to speak
up, but did not?  Why did you go the CARE meeting?
You want to educate the public, but expect others to
take the lead.

By the way, please spell out what you are talking
about.  What is a DDP?  Also, are you saying the a
physician spoke at the CARE meeting?

--- howard long <hflong at pacbell.net> wrote:

> John,
> Your tongue-in-cheek is not what will restore sanity
> to rad waste clean-up,
> avoid panic when a dirty bomb hits Washington DC
> (where I'm taking my Nukalert next week), or
> reassure patients
> who otherwise would die from neglected body scan
> (like a DDP director reported at our meeting 2 mo
> ago).
>
> Our "mission is to educate society for the
> prevention and mitigation of
> - disaster". The 1,000 recent deaths from a Baghdad
> panic shows
> what your denial of risk from irrational fear, could
> bring soon in DC.
>
> CARE listened not to this MD or to prominent
> physicists present.
>
> Howard Long
>
> John Jacobus <crispy_bird at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Howard,
> Maybe should have spoken up about the benefits or
> radiation. I am sure they would have been receptive
> to your position as a physcian and expert in
> radiation.
>
> --- howard long wrote:
>
> > Yes, John,
> > Fear of ANY ionizing radiation is everywhere.
> >
> > Here near the LLivermore NL, CARE, Citizens
> Against
> > a Radioactive Environment
> > (the name also indicating rejection of natural
> > condition contrary to its theology),
> > has a vocal, politically shrewd save-the-world
> > gaggle, of mutually propagandizing
> > participants fighting nanocuries of Plutonium with
> > monthly newsletter and paid staff.
> >
> > I took my PalmRad to a CARE meeting, graciously
> > housed in the LLNL Visitor Center.
> > I called attention to its clicking. The panel of
> > wild eyed fear-mongers ignored it.
> >
> > Howard Long

"Every now and then a man's mind is stretched by a new idea and never shrinks back to its original proportion." -- Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.

-- John
John Jacobus, MS
Certified Health Physicist
e-mail:  crispy_bird at yahoo.com