[ RadSafe ] Looking for 50-100 mCi AmBe/PuBe Neutron Sources

Syd H. Levine syd.levine at mindspring.com
Wed Sep 14 23:40:14 CDT 2005

Good luck.  The source recovery program has dried up the surplus neutron
sources.  Worse yet, they will not turn loose of any of the hundreds they
have in storage, no matter how beneficial the reuse might be.  And the
government has ceased the sale of Am-241, effectively shutting down the only
domestic producer of AmBe sealed sources.  Good luck finding a decent new
one as well.

Try contacting Keith Moon with Support Consultants down in DeLeon, Texas.
If a source is available, he will likely know.

Syd H. Levine
AnaLog Services, Inc.
Phone:  270-276-5671
Telefax:  270-276-5588