[ RadSafe ] Reasoning the Unreasonables (frm:Chernobyl's Reduced Impact)

Doug Aitken daitken at sugar-land.oilfield.slb.com
Thu Sep 15 08:20:34 CDT 2005

At 08:39 PM 9/14/2005, howard long wrote:
>Green extremists like Couseau view humans as parasites of mother earth
>  who damage "nature". I, and hopefully most HPs, disagree.
>We seek to preserve human life.

Wow: that tar-brushing statement sure does enhance your credibility!

As one of many who were brought up on Cousteau's wonderful films, and his
wholly reasonable worries about the damage that humans can and often do to
the underwater environment, I deplore this kind of statement. He was not a
"green extremist"!

Doug Aitken
Schlumberger D&M QHSE Advisor
Office (rarely!)        281-285-8009