[ RadSafe ] Cousteau and CO2 and sunspots

James Salsman james at bovik.org
Mon Sep 19 14:11:31 CDT 2005

I certainly didn't know this about Cousteau:

> "In 1954 we carried out a mission for the Darcy
> Exploration Company. We had a very good contract
> which enabled us to install the radar and
> measuring equipment we lacked. We were the people
> who discovered oil in the Gulf! It was us who made
> the emirate of Abu Dhabi rich!"
-- 1991 UNESCO interview (Thanks, Maury, and to Barbara too.)

That gives some motivation of why he must have felt
compelled to speak out.  The extrapolation is bad,
but I'm not sure it's actually -300,000 people per
day bad:

  http://www.bovik.org/storms-decades.gif

I'd be willing to settle for -15,000 per day until
we start colonizing other planets (not if but when,
of course.)

As for the sunspot theory of global warming, I'm not
even 1% convinced.  Dr. Long's link (http://www.oism.org/pproject/)
says nothing about sunspots; on the contrary, it says
that carbon dioxide is helpful.

Sincerely,
James Salsman