[ RadSafe ] Antioxidants may not be beneficial in RT

alstonchris at netscape.net alstonchris at netscape.net
Fri Sep 23 13:47:44 CDT 2005

John

It makes some intuitive sense, don't you think?  I.e., since 70% of the tumoricidal effects of most RT is secondary to free radical production, the antioxidants may be protecting the tumors, as well as normal tissues.  I suppose that such a protective action could be enhanced, if the tumor were hypoxic, no?

Awaiting the slings and arrows, I am,
cja

Switch to Netscape Internet Service.

Netscape. Just the Net You Need.