[ RadSafe ] Errors expose patients to radiation

howard long hflong at pacbell.net
Wed Sep 28 22:27:15 CDT 2005

Correct, Dale..
My limited experience did indicate that doses were much higher than given by John for cancer treatment.I did not know that prostate cancer was treated with doses as high as you report. The few patients I have seen were given (UCSF) 75rad doses several times a week for months for pancreatic cancer or mediastinal lymphoma. Doses for those diseases would be smaller.
 I must have given one patient's dosing with another's total. There was no addition check (as I should have).

Thank you for providing better info.

Howard Long

Dale Boyce <daleboyce at charter.net> wrote:
Howard,

I think you have a typo. 75 x 2 x 6 is 900. Some therapy courses are 200
rad to the tumor 5 times a week for 6 weeks.

Dale