[ RadSafe ] Thermal Neutron Counting

Sandy Perle sandyfl at earthlink.net
Mon Apr 10 12:32:23 CDT 2006

On 10 Apr 2006 at 9:28, Mercado, Don wrote:

> A researcher here approached me this morning wanting to count thermal
> neutrons around a device for a month. He says that there can't be any
> power/electronics involved with the detector. I thought of activation
> foils and I'm working with our dosimetry company to see what they can do
> for us, but I thought I'd come to the well for advice.
>
> What would you suggest for counting thermal neutrons in this case? Any
> help would be greatly appreciated.

Are you looking for an actual dose from the thermal neutrons? If so,
TLD is extremely sensitive to thermal neutrons.

-------------------------------------
Sandy Perle
Senior Vice President, Technical Operations
Global Dosimetry Solutions, Inc.
2652 McGaw Avenue
Irvine, CA 92614

Tel: (949) 296-2306 / (888) 437-1714  Extension 2306
Fax:(949) 296-1144

E-Mail: sperle at dosimetry.com
E-Mail: sandyfl at earthlink.net

Global Dosimetry Website: http://www.dosimetry.com/