[ RadSafe ] FW: [UnplugSalem] Fw: Chernobyl 20 year later

jjcohen at prodigy.net jjcohen at prodigy.net
Tue Apr 11 22:52:36 CDT 2006

I estimate that since the Chernobyl accident, about 60 million people have
died worldwide. Of course they didn't all die as a direct result of
Chernobyl, so let's conservatively assume that only 10% did. With that
assumption , one can conclude that six million deaths resulted from
Chernobyl. What a terrible price to pay for nuclear power - and isn't it
amazing what insights can be derived by applying the methods of
Compassionate Epidemiologist.
Jerry Cohen