AW: AW: AW: [ RadSafe ] FW: [UnplugSalem] Fw: Chernobyl 20 yearlater

Sandy Perle sandyfl at earthlink.net
Fri Apr 14 18:16:13 CDT 2006

On 15 Apr 2006 at 1:00, Franz Schönhofer wrote:

> Finally let me acknowledge that Sandy has not written any of these intended insults I mentioned above, but he could have clarified that he does not endorse them.

While I am not in favour of political discussions on Radsafe, there
are cases where radiation, nuclear are associated. Since Franz posted
this question to me, I will address just a few of Franz's comments.

(1) I rarely engage in political debate, be it on Radafe or
elsewhere.

(2) I only addressed the DU issue to defend against what I considered
personal attacks on Bob Cherry and others in the forum.

(3) I do not defend US politics. I am personally against the Iraq
war, was in favoru of going into Afganistan, and have no opinion
whether or not any country or coalition should initiate an offensive
action against Iran. I believe in intense negotiations first. I also
don't believe in unilateral intervention by a single country. If
there is a world problem, then the world should act in the best
interest of the world.

(4) I believe that N. Korea is a issue to contend with, but as with
Iran, I am not for unilateral or pre-emptive intervention at this
time. If circumstances change, so do options

and finally, I don't want anybody to construe from any dialogue
observed on Radsafe that I am bigoted towards any single group,
minority or religious persuasion. With respect to the moslem world, I
have many friends and colleagues from that cultural background. They
know me and they know that I respect their beliefs and their right to
practice their religion.

More importantly, the radicals are the ones to be dealt with. It
doesn't matter what nationality or religion they espouse. A radical
is a radical and a radical can always be a danger to the world
community.

I think I addressed Franz's comment and will consider this to be a
closed discussion. I will be happy to discuss in a private venue at
anyone's request.

Sandy Perle
Senior Vice President, Technical Operations
Global Dosimetry Solutions, Inc.
2652 McGaw Avenue
Irvine, CA 92614

Tel: (949) 296-2306 / (888) 437-1714 Extension 2306
Fax:(949) 296-1144

Global Dosimetry Website: http://www.dosimetry.com/
Personal Website: http://sandy-travels.com/