[ RadSafe ] Reporting about Chernobyl

Bjorn Cedervall bcradsafers at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 20 07:47:17 CDT 2006

I am well aware of that only a small fraction of you can read Swedish. The
following link may however call for a comment or two:
http://www.aftonbladet.se/vss/nyheter/story/0,2789,812216,00.html

This is the leading sensational newspaper in Sweden.

By starting at:
http://www.aftonbladet.se/
and scrolling down you will find a first picture and then a few more.
Next headline reads: "Julia 8, shall die from cancer".

There is so much of bias and strange desinformation in this article that it
is hard to know where to begin. It says that the sperms have become so
damaged ("lazy"/slow) - (understatement: because of the radiation) - that
1/4 of all men can't produce children.
New to me is the "Chernobyl chromosome" which according to the article now
is an established concept. "The cancer frequency is now three times
larger..." (very unclear statement with regard to time, geography and so
on). No doses mentioned...

A few Swedish words:
barn = child/children
människa = person/man