[ RadSafe ] Myth or Fact?

Bev bev at adcoservices.com
Thu Aug 24 16:34:19 CDT 2006

Hello Radsafers,

    I recently read a book called "Myths, Lies, and Downright Stupidity" by John Stossel of 20/20 fame. In it he makes a case for food irradiation, which was refreshing to hear from a member of the media.

 Everything was going fine until I got to the part where he states "Every year, the average U.S. citizen is exposed to natural radiation equal to about 360 dental X-rays."

Now, I'm certainly no expert on this, but that figure does seem pretty high to me. So, I'll ask the experts, (you folks), what you think. Myth or fact? I'm curious.

Thanks,

Jim Bell

ADCO Services
708-429-1660 Ph.