[ RadSafe ] Myth or Fact?

Baumbaugh, Joel SPAWAR joel.baumbaugh at navy.mil
Thu Aug 24 17:15:59 CDT 2006

Hi Sandy,

Well, I sat down and added up my yearly estimates (non-occupational)..

170 Natural Background in San Diego

 20 Living in a Lath and Plaster house

285 Natural Radioactive Materials in Body

 50 Jet Travel at 35,000 Feet.  Maybe 100 hrs this year in the air.

  5 Fallout

100 X-rays from various diagnostic procedures (1 CT scan not figured in)

 15 Dentist

100 Beer, Milk and other food products (love those Brazil nuts and
Avocados)

 10 Uranium Glazed Orange tile in my bathroom.

755 Total...

- so, Stossel's figure looks a little high to me... Of course I went to
Poco De Caldas in Brazil this summer so I might be a little higher than
most... LOL...

Joel Baumbaugh

San Diego...