[ RadSafe ] Re: References: Radiation induced immune responseDETERS spread of cancer

John Jacobus crispy_bird at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 29 11:12:41 CDT 2006

Syd,
How so?  If individuals make a claim of risk or
benefits, one would ask if they follow their own
advice.  According to Jim Muckerheide he challenged
the committee that reported on the risks of radon in
the home if the members themselves had radon testing
done in their homes.

Personally, I have not worried about my exposures to
low doses of ionining radiaton. I fact, I turned in my
doimeter several years ago as my exposures never
exceeded 100 mrem in a year.  Actually, I think that
the total was not even 100 mrem in five years.

You may not like my position or comments, but how is
the question inappropriate?  If you think radiation
exposure is beneficial, what are you doing to improve
your health?

+++++++++++++++++++
>From an article about physicians doing clinical studies:

"It was just before an early morning meeting, and I was really trying to get to the bagels, but I couldn't help overhearing a conversation between one of my statistical colleagues and a surgeon.

Statistician: "Oh, so you have already calculated the P value?"

Surgeon: "Yes, I used multinomial logistic regression."

Statistician: "Really? How did you come up with that?"

Surgeon: "Well, I tried each analysis on the SPSS drop-down menus, and that was the one that gave the smallest P value"."

-- John
John Jacobus, MS
Certified Health Physicist
e-mail:  crispy_bird at yahoo.com