[ RadSafe ] Buildup factor for compounds

Wesley wesvanpelt at verizon.net
Thu Aug 31 06:50:37 CDT 2006

Radsafers,

I believe Hal refers to RSICC DATA LIBRARY DLC-129 entitled, "ANS643:
ANS-6.4.3 Geometric Progression Gamma-Ray Buildup Factor Coefficients."

This computer code seems to have been written/authored be the Japanese and
also by ANSI.

In my experience, the RSICC "sells" ("licenses") each computer program for
about $800 each and insists that it not be copied, re-distributed or used by
more than one individual.  RSICC acts as if it owns the copyright to the
software it lists, but I think it does not.

Has anyone else had the experience of being charged hundreds of dollars by
RSICC for software it neither wrote, tested (beyond determining if it runs
on a particular operating system), supported, copyrighted or guaranteed?

Thanks,
Wes
[New email address:  WesVanPelt at verizon.net ]
Best regards,