[ RadSafe ] radilogical postings

Redmond, Randy (RXQ) redmondrr at y12.doe.gov
Fri Dec 1 09:01:43 CST 2006

Doug,

10CFR835 (DOE) contains definitions for Contamination and High
Contamination Areas.  In the DOE world there isn't a
recognized/regulatory hierarchy.  We developed our own based on what we
(radiological control) considered the most significant hazard (and
hazard recognition by our personnel) and our operations.

Randy Redmond
BWXT Y-12 Radiological Engineering