[ RadSafe ] rad material at your local high school

BLHamrick at aol.com BLHamrick at aol.com
Fri Dec 1 21:46:36 CST 2006

In a message dated 12/1/2006 12:03:28 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
windrunner at gmail.com writes:

Read  that, as well as the CNN artice you linked, and found it
interesting.   I'm surprised there's a market for people to charge
$1000 to remove uranium  ore from high schools - especially because,
and correct me if I'm wrong,  the decay chains of uranium don't contain
a great deal of gamma emission,  so the hazard to those walking past
that display case was  minimal?

Not to mention the fact that unprocessed ore is exempt, and could be thrown
away at essentially no cost to anyone.

Barbara L. Hamrick