[ RadSafe ] Re: rad material at your local high school

Keith Welch welch at jlab.org
Tue Dec 12 13:45:17 CST 2006

That's one way to look at it.  But I'd rather believe that those
organizations and their objectives are reasonable.  But even good things
can be corrupted, mis-directed, or allowed to balloon to outrageous
proportions.  What I think we have is sort of an unholy marriage of a
corrupted sense of "ALARA" with the ignorance and irrational fear of
radiation.  Nobody put the brakes on.  Don't know whether it's too late
now, but for my part, I look for opportunities to engage the issue in my
little way, in my community.