[ RadSafe ] RE: DU Licensing

David Wesley david.wesley at ucr.edu
Fri Dec 15 11:56:35 CST 2006

The link below will take you to an interesting NRC document that points
out that NRC doesn't keep jurisdiction over these materials when used
outside of the US or its possessions, and also shows what happened when
they were inadvertently used.


        David Wesley, CHP
        Radiation Safety Officer
        Environmental Health and Safety
        University of California
        Riverside, CA  92521-0306

        david.wesley at ucr.edu

        951-827-5746 Direct
        951-827-5528 Admin
        951-827-5122 Fax


-----Original Message-----
From: radsafe-bounces at radlab.nl [mailto:radsafe-bounces at radlab.nl] On
Behalf Of Cehn at aol.com
Sent: Thursday, December 14, 2006 9:48 AM
To: radsafe at radlab.nl
Subject: [ RadSafe ] DU Licensing

Here's a licensing question for the group:  what happens to licensed  DU

after it is used as military  projectiles/penetrators?  The  stuff can
and does 
turn up in D&D operations long after the DU rounds  were fired.  Is the
once licensed, always licensed?  Has anyone  addressed this question
with regard 
to DU?
--Joel C.
_joelc at alum.wpi.edu_ (mailto:joelc at alum.wpi.edu)  
You are currently subscribed to the RadSafe mailing list

Before posting a message to RadSafe be sure to have read and understood
the RadSafe rules. These can be found at:

For information on how to subscribe or unsubscribe and other settings
visit: http://radlab.nl/radsafe/

More information about the RadSafe mailing list