[ RadSafe ] RE: 15000 units of Po210

Jim Hardeman Jim_Hardeman at dnr.state.ga.us
Wed Dec 20 10:50:34 CST 2006

How much self-absorption would there be in a setup like that for the 5.3 MeV alpha?

Jim

>>> "North, David" <DNorth at Lifespan.org> 12/20/2006 11:30 >>>
Remembering from when I owned such anti-static brushes for photography, the Po-210 is sealed inside tiny ceramic beads, roughly the size of fine sand grains, which are fixed onto a metal strip by lacquer or some such adhesive. The strip is then behind a small metal cage to protect the mounted beads.

David L. North, Sc.M., DABR
Associate Physicist
Medical Physics
Main Bldg. Rm 317