[ RadSafe ] Radiation Phobia

Tsurikov, Nick Nick.Tsurikov at iluka.com
Wed Feb 1 18:43:35 CST 2006

Yep.  Bob - I think you're right...

Let's see... I'm doing some radiation surveys 'in the field' today.  I
guess if I'll encounter a cow in a paddock that will look at me
strangely and start walking towards me - I could claim that I cannot do
my job any more as cattle attacked me and now I'm mentally scarred for
life... Though, of course, I will be able to get my sweet revenge on
this enemy by having a Texan-style steak every day :-)

There was also a case some time ago when the property owners were
compensated for the loss of property value due to the fact that their
houses/whatever were located on the proposed rad.waste transport
route... (I have the reference somewhere - if anyone's interested)

Seriously, the case indicates that the importance of employees'
education and continuous re-education cannot be overstated.  The driver
should've been well aware of what's in the truck, what are the emergency
measures in case of a road accident, etc  I better go re-induct all
relevant people in hazmat etc. next week

Cheers
Nick
Eneabba, Western Australia