AW: [ RadSafe ] Letter: Homeopathy and Hormesis

Rainer.Facius at dlr.de Rainer.Facius at dlr.de
Wed Feb 8 06:19:57 CST 2006

Steven:

Thank you for this balanced criticism which on the other hand unnecessarily upgrades this rather casual text.

Despite its subtitle - Magazine for Science and Reason - I would not count this publication among my sources for scientific information. At least ISI does not list it among its "scholarly resources" in contrast to, e.g., Scientific American or New Scientist. Someone really interested in the issues addressed might wish to compare the shallow exposition presented here with the scholarly work outlined in (among others),

Calabrese E, Historical blunders: How toxicology got the dose-response relationship half-right. Cellular and Molecular Biology 51(2005)643-654

where the author expands in particular on the intricate (historical) relationship and disparity between the concepts of homeopathy and hormesis.

Kind regards, Rainer

Rainer Facius
Dr. Rainer Facius
German Aerospace Center