[ RadSafe ] Fwd: FW: Positive immunological response to chronic low dose rate radiation

howard long hflong at pacbell.net
Wed Feb 8 10:51:33 CST 2006

Hormesis - Homeopathy discussion in pseudoscientific magazines is quite lacking in the objectivity for publishing shown in this.

  Howard Long

  Date: Tue, 07 Feb 2006 15:22:09 +0900
Subject: FW: Positive immunological response to chronic low dose rate
radiation
From: "Yasuhiro Ina, D.M.Sc." <hyper-max at amber.plala.or.jp>
To: <rad-sci-l at WPI.EDU>
CC: "Muckerheide, James" <jimm at WPI.EDU>,
"Prof. Dr. Ludwig E. Feinendegen" <feinendegen at gmx.net>,
"Prof. Dr. Thomas D. Luckey" <tdl108 at sunflower.com>

Dear great friends all over the world  ( CC :  Jim, Ludwig and Don),

Thank you very much for your circulating the e-mail below about our newly published paper on  " Immunological Network Activation by Chronic Low-Dose-Rate Radiation ".  I believe most important point is not "Dose" but also "Dose-Rate".  I consider the following papers of our recent work suggest it strongly.  Please send an e-mail to me if you want them for review.  I will send you the PDF files promptly.

Ina Y and Sakai K.  Prolongation of life span associated with immunological modification by chronic low-dose-rate irradiation in MRL-lpr/lpr mice.  Radiation Research  2004  Feb ; 161 (2) : pp.168-173.

Ina Y, Tanooka H, Yamada T, Sakai K.  Suppression of thymic lymphoma induction by life-long low-dose-rate irradiation accompanied by immune activation in C57BL/6 mice.  Radiation Research  2005  Feb ; 163 (2) : pp.153-158.

Ina Y and Sakai K.  Further study of prolongation of life span associated with immunological modification by chronic low-dose-rate irradiation in MRL-lpr/lpr mice: Effects of whole-life irradiation.  Radiation Research  2005  Apr ; 163 (4) : pp.418-423.

Ina Y and Sakai K.  Activation of immunological network by chronic low-dose-rate irradiation in wild-type mouse strains: Analysis of immune cell populations and surface molecules.  International Journal of Radiation Biology  2005  Oct ; 81 (10) : pp.721-729.

I wish you very much your good health and continued success for real science.

With very best wishes,
Yours,
Yasuhiro (Yasuhiro Ina, D.M.Sc.)