[ RadSafe ] IAEA DACs

jjcohen at prodigy.net jjcohen at prodigy.net
Wed Feb 8 15:46:05 CST 2006

The ICRP, NCRP, and other standard setting organizations specify that their
recommended exposure limits are based solely on  radiotoxicity. One
unfortunate consequence of this policy, for example, is that if one's entire
water intake was at the limit (MPCw) for U-238 , they would be within the
limit for allowable radiation exposure, but they would soon die of heavy
metal poisoning.