[ RadSafe ] TMI - reported "metallic taste"

Bjorn Cedervall bcradsafers at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 15 15:30:43 CST 2006

To me sulfides and merkaptanes do not give me "metallic" taste/smell
associations. Maybe because I did a lot of chemistry as a kid/teenager. This
topic leads to philosophical questions like whether one person's
perception/sensation/idea is the same as someone elses. What I mean is that
some people may just think "this must be metallic" (because it is
"different") - because they do not have appropriate reference experiences.

My personal comment only,

Bjorn Cedervall   bcradsafers at hotmail.com