AW: [ RadSafe ] TMI - reported "metallic taste"

Stewart Farber farbersa at optonline.net
Wed Feb 15 18:01:52 CST 2006

Of note from the CDC's Agency for Toxic Substances, hydrogen sulfide once
released to the air from a paper mill [or coke oven, or many other sources],
will change in the air to sulfur dioxide and sulfuric acid. Exposure to
either of these will cause a bitter taste to anyone so exposed.

Not a surprise that paint will peel [along with a whole bunch more]

Stewart Farber

See:

http://www.atsdr.cdc.gov/tfacts114.html

      What happens to hydrogen sulfide when it enters the environment?

        a.. Hydrogen sulfide is released primarily as a gas and spreads in
the air.
        b.. Hydrogen sulfide remains in the atmosphere for about 18 hours.
        c.. When released as a gas, it will change into sulfur dioxide and
sulfuric acid.
        d.. In some instances, it may be released as a liquid waste from an
industrial facility.