AW: [ RadSafe ] TMI - reported "metallic taste"

John Jacobus crispy_bird at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 15 14:51:46 CST 2006

When I was going to graduate school, I live for about
a year in Tyrone, PA, which also had a paper mill.  I
do remember having a metallic taste, but was always
inpressed with the fact the houses near the plant had
the paint coming off of the exterior walls.

--- TGerusky at aol.com wrote:

> I was Director of the Pennsylvania radiation
> protection program  during the
> TMI accident and I did indeed have a metallic taste
> when I was  outside around
> the plant.  I believe that the winds at the time
> were  blowing from the south
> and that the odor was coming from a paper plant well
> to  the southwest of TMI.
>   It sure had nothing to do with  "fear."

"It is not the job of public-affairs officers to alter, filter or
adjust engineering or scientific material produced by NASA's technical
staff."
MICHAEL D. GRIFFIN, NASA administrator.

-- John
John Jacobus, MS