[ RadSafe ] SI; Now or never?

Rogers Brent Brent.Rogers at environment.nsw.gov.au
Sun Feb 19 15:53:50 CST 2006

Accidents such as the one you described are exactly why the US should NOT go
SI.   Most professionals have little difficulty working in both systems.
Most technologists have somewhat more difficulty, and most doctors that have
been prescribing mCi amounts for years truly can't cope.  Imagine the
potential for accidents that involve real people (not spaceships) during the
turnover.

BTW, as I notice you work for the German Aerospace Center, perhaps you can
explain the splendid, deplorable, quite expensive failure of the Beagle 2?

Brent Rogers
Manager Radiation Operations Unit
NSW Environment Protection Authority
Department of Environment and Conservation
*+61 2 9995 5986
*+61 2 9995 6603
* PO Box A290 Sydney South 1232