[ RadSafe ] Re:"State of Fear"

Dimiter Popoff didi at tgi-sci.com
Mon Feb 20 09:47:47 CST 2006

John,
I have heard these concerns as well - and I am no climate expert, either.
However, looking at some temperature map - like, say,
http://www.uni-koeln.de/math-nat-fak/geomet/meteo/winfos/TTeuropa.gif ,
I see only negative temperatures... (now it is gone, until a few days or may be
weeks ago ther was a station in the middle of Greenland consistenly reporting
in the range -30 to -50 C).
It can probably be argued that ocean currents are warming/melting the
northern icecap from underneath, but this being inconsistent with the climate
changes I can observe from the weather reports (anyone in the UK who has
noticed the Gulf stream getting hotter?),  I would say there is a long
way to go before we know  whether there is anything like global
warming indeed and a longer way before we understand what might have
caused it. Recently there was a report in the BBC news that said the
western (or was it the northern?) hemisphere was at its warmest point
for 1200 years or so. Oops, they had taken whole 14 points into account
to say that - how they picked them and what did they pick I do
not know, but 14 points for a hemisphere probably is as low a number
as it sounds.
 Having said all that, I realise I may be wrong after all. I just say it will
take a lot of evidence to make me buy into the global warming theory,
so far I have heard only assurances and global media consensus that
there is global warming.

Dimiter

Dimiter Popoff               Transgalactic Instruments

http://www.tgi-sci.com